Is It Safe to Have Fraxel Laser and Thermage Combination?

I am a 51 year old hispanic male. I am loooking for a combination of Fraxel Laser and Thermage.

Ten years ago, I decided to have a chemical dermabration, I was almost purple for about 6 to 8 months.

Will I have the same experience with this treatment? Do you recommend both at the same time?

Thanks,
RL

Thermage then Fraxel for skin tightening

+1

Many doctors are now doing Thermage first and then immediately following, Fraxel. It apparently offers a better improvement then when performing only one treatment, when trying to tighten the skin somewhat.

Fraxel and Thermage combo is safe

+1

Fraxel and Thermage is a very common combination that is also safe for your skin. Both devices are now owned by one company and can be used together safely.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Fraxel Laser and Thermage Combination

+1

Hi Reb,

Many patients have the combination treatment of Fraxel and Thermage. In fact it is one of those treatment combinations that compliment each other, one plus one is four.

It should be very safe for you.

My only caution is from an experience with one of my early Fraxel re:pair patients. She too had had an intense reaction to a chemical peel in the past. After Fraxel re:pair she was very bruised and dark. In retrospect I would treat a little less aggressively.

If you are having Fraxel re:store then nothing to worry about.

I hope that all goes well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel and Thermage Combo Treatments

+1

I have performed this combination of treatments on many patients. I usually perform the Thermage procedure first, then take a break and allow for topical numbing to be applied to the skin, and then the Fraxel laser (or any similar fractionated resurfacing device) can be applied once numbing has been achieved.

I would obviosuly recommend these tretaments only be performed by board certified dermatologists or plastic surgeons to avoid any complications as a significant amount of heat is being introduced into the skin in one setting.

Good luck! It's a great combo of treatments that usually gives a very nice result.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

This is actually very common

+1

The use of Fraxel for skin color and texture and Thermage or Titan for skin tightening is very common and can be safely done together.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist