Fraxel Laser for Someone with Lupus?

I'm 23 years old, and I have SLE (Lupus). I would like to know, would it be safe for me to get the Fraxel treatment done for my stretch marks? Please advise!

There is no guarantee that fractionated laser is perfectly safe for someone with lupus

+1
No physician can guarantee fractionated laser would be absolutely safe for patients with SLE or lupus. If you have had skin manifestation of SLE known as cutaneous lupus, any form of trauma such from laser has the potential to stimulate new cutaneous lupus lesions. However, the risk can be reduced by taking hydroxychloroquine and adhere to strict sun protection even for non-treated areas.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Preventive_Dermatology.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon