I Need to Know if Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing is It Safe in the Long Run? Are There Any Side Effects and is It Worth the Cost?

Fraxel laser is very safe and highly effective

+1

Fraxel laser skin resurfacing is very safe and worth the process.  It is not like the older resurfacing lasers in terms of pain, down-time, and risk.  The fraxel works by fractionated CO2 process and thus has very mild side effects.  I have been using the Fraxel laser with excellent results.  It is always important to go to a doctor who understands your skin type and who is experienced in cosmetic procedures for the best results.

Fraxel Restore laser has an excellent safety profile

+1

Fraxel Restore can significantly reduce fine lines, improve sundamaged discoloration and minimize acne scars. I have been peforming this treatment since it was brought to market and it has proven to be very safe. Every treatment carries its own risks and you should discuss this with your surgeon.  I have found that Fraxel Restore can provide better results in acne scar treatment, after a series of several treatments, than having a more aggressive resurfacing that may carry larger risk of complications. Considering this and in addition the minimal down-time from Fraxel Restore, it certainly is cost-effective.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel Laser Resurfacing Safety, Side Effects, and Worthiness

+1

Hi Aziz,

I have been performing Fraxel Laser skin resurfacing for the past 8 years.  It has been proven to be safe in the long run.  There are three different types of Fraxel laser that can be used for specific indications.  As with any medical/surgical procedure there are associated possible side effects, but in the hands of an experienced, skilled physician, the occurance is extremely small.  Whether it is worth the cost must be answered on an individual basis.  Usually the more that a patient is bothered by the reason for resurfacing, the more "worth the cost" the treatment is.  Fraxel by Solta is a premiere fractionated laser system that for the most part has been worth the cost for the great majority of my patients.  Choose your laser physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD