Fraxel Laser for Skin Graft on Body?

I was burned by boiling water on my shoulder and breast when I was 2 years old, now at 28, I have always want to get some kind of improvement, especially around the joints of the graft to my skin. I understand Fraxel laser is the first real treatment for scars on the body, what kind of results can I expect?

Fraxel Laser for Burn Scars

+2

Hi Kath,

Fractionated CO2 lasers are being used to help with burn scars. Both Total FX (Lumenis) and Fraxel repair (Solta) have shown improvement in the color and texture of burn scars. It does require multiple treatment sessions separated by a few months. The skin will not return to "normal", but there is definite improvement.

Make sure that you choose a physician who has experience in treating burn scar patients.

I hope that you see great results with you future treatments.

Dr. P

Fraxel laser for skin graft on body?

+1

It is a 50 - 50 response. You can try Fraxel Laser for a few sessions and see if you get ANY improvement. Best of Luck!

Fraxel for burn scars and grafts

+1

Although you may get improvement, the skin will never be the same as before the burn.  There may be more eveness of coloration, smoother texture and a more even appearance of the scar after Fraxel laser treatment. Good luck.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.