Longest Recovery Time for Fraxel Laser?

I had C02 Fraxel laser resurfacing on December 15, 2008 and my face still looks so red as if I have a terrible sun damage or burn. How long is the longest recovery time you have heard of for this treatment? When I went to the doctor he said it would take approximately 10 days to recover. The nurse said they don't tell the patient how painful or long it takes or no one would do it. I am so mad about the pain and recovery time.

Fraxel repair and healing time

+1

Most patients are fully healed within 5 to 7 days post Fraxel repair. Healing can take a few days longer if very aggressive settings are used. I have seen patients with flare up of their Rosacea post Fraxel laser which was successfully treated with KTP (vascular) laser treatments without any downtime. Please consult with your doctor or another specialist as to the cause of the persistent redness as it most likely is not due to prolonged healing.

Good luck!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon