Fraxel-laser Resurfacing Before Midface-lift and Neck Lipo?

I am planning on getting a midface-lift and liposuction on my neck area, but I also have some minor acne scars and skin-imperfections that I'd like to fix with the fraxel laser (that I've actually already booked an appointment for). Is it wiser to go with the resurfacing laser first and then perform the two other surgeries, or do the opposite? AND for how long would I have to wait between the two? Thanks!

Fraxel Before or After Mid-facelift and Neck Lipo?

+1

I would encourage you to do the facelift and lipo first because reorientation of your wrinkles can occur during the facelift procedure.  Vertical wrinkles can shift horizontally, which can appear unnatural.  The Fraxel laser will help to smooth out any shift in the direction of your wrinkles and will also help soften any scarring from the surgery. 

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Timing of Fraxel Laser and Face Lift?

+1

You can do either first but IMHO, should space these procedures apart by a minimum of 6 months.  The conventional thinking is however, to do the Face and neck Lift firts especially if acne scars are present because removing skin does, in fact, make these scars less deep.  This allows the Lase resurfacing to be more effective. 

The Fraxel will thicken the skin and improve the surgical healing

+1

There is no right or wrong here. The surgery can be done first, last or they can be done concurrently. My opinion that Fraxel first is a good idea is because the Fraxel will stimulate dermal repair mechanisms that will make your face less likely to swell and bruise from surgery. CO2 resurfacing can also cause tightening, so perhaps the surgeon does not need to be as aggressive if it is done first.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel and facial surgery, together or separate?

+1

All these can be done together assuming your surgeon has a Fraxel. The midface lift is done deep, so it will not interfere with the skin treatment. My personal approach to a midface lift is intraoral, subperiosteal and the suspension is secured to the temporalis muscle fascia via a small incision in the hair bearing scalp. If this is the approach your surgeon is using than it is safe to do both procedures. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Discuss this with the surgeon who is doing you face lift.

+1

If the Fraxel Laser treatment is a minor procedure, it can be done one the same day. If it is major Fraxel Repair Laser treatment, it should probably be done on a separate day. Discuss this with the surgeon who is doing your face lift.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon