Does Fraxel Minimize the Results of Radiesse?

I had Radiesse done in my nasolabial folds and cheeks and cheek bone area under eyes. I look like a chipmunk.

I read that Fraxel will lessen the effect. Is that true? I had this done 4 days ago, is there something that can be done to reverse or minimize the results?

Fraxel laser to minimize Radiesse

+1

Radiesse ( or any filler injection for that matter) can often cause some temporary swelling. You should definitely wait for at least a couple of weeks to see if your "chipmunk" appearance resolves itself before undertaking any other procedure. I don't think Fraxel will have any effect and can cause it's own level of swelling.

You cannot "undo" Radiesse. Unlike hyaluronic gels, which can be undone, Radiesse components must degrade on their own. This is one reason I will generally treat a patient with hyaluronic gels first so see if they indeed like the changes that occur. Then, if the appearance changes are happy ones, we look into longer lasting products.

Radiesse requires a specific plane of injection so it lies smoothly. I read many posts and questions from patients who have had undesirable outcomes. An experienced dermatologist or surgeon will make incremental changes with fillers that have long term effects. It behooves any patient to ask for step by step buildup of long term fillers if they have not had similar corrections with easily reducable hyalruonic gels.

If your appearance is due to swelling, you can help the resolution along by limiting salt and sodium intake, sleeping on a higher pillow and using cold compresses.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon