Machine for Minimizing Pain During Fraxel Laser?

I heard there was a new machine that would minimize the pain while having Fraxel Laser. What is it called and where can I find it?

Zimmer cold air blower

+1

You might be referring to the Zimmer cold air blower device which has been used for several years. Let us know if you are referring to something different

Fraxel laser Pain Relieving Machine?

+1

Hi Pamela,

A Zimmer Cooler may be used during the treatment by blowing very cold air on the skin during the treatment.  Better than the machine, appropriate analgesic use before the treatment will assure that patients "tolerate" their procedure well.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Must be the Zimmer Cooler

+1

Patients report decrease in pain if this machine is used. It cools the skin to relieve discomfort from injections as well as lasers. I also recommend a topical anesthetic for one hour prior to treatment.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist