1 Month Post Eyelid Surgery: Is it Safe to Now Have Fraxel Around my Eyes?

Fraxel resurfacing after a blepharoplasty (eyelid lift)

+1

If your surgeon approves the surfacing then you can consider laser resurfacing with Fraxel or other lasers.  Some people have lost the elasticity of their eyelid skin and some eyelid surgeries have a risk of removal of too much skin and the lower eyelid could pull down. If laser resurfacing is done on such a condition, it could worsen the pulling by tightening the skin.  Then, if the eyelid is pulling so much that the tears don't bathe the eye, the eye becomes dried out and this can  create a problem.  Fraxel Repair is more risky in such a situation than Fraxel Restore laser resurfacing. So you can see, there are several aspects that must be evaluated in your condition that are different from others.

Fraxel can help surgical scars

+1

I agree with Dr. Van Dyke that you should first consult the surgeon who performed your surgery, but in the right hands, Fraxel around the eyes is safe and may in fact help the scar.  However, given the close proximity to your surgery you should check with your surgeon.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel is fine after eyelid surgery.

+1

Assuming that all went well with your surgery, you should be well healed by 3 to 4 weeks.  Laser resurfacing such as Fraxel will help to remodel scars from surgery and to improve crepey eyelid skin. Of course you need to be evaluated by your surgeon and released for laser to ensure that your skin is ready for the procedure.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon