Will Fraxel Laser Clear Melasma?

I was on hormonal therapy and two years later I noticed the appearance of my skin began to change. I have melasma on the bridge of my nose and hyperpigmentation on the forehead. Can Fraxel laser treat these issues?

Fraxel for Melasma? Maybe.

+1

Melasma can be a challenging problem to treat. Melasma is a process where the pigment producing cells are working overtime to produce pigment. Oftentimes, it is due to hormonal stimulation when someone is pregnant or on the birth control pill. We have treated several patients with Melasma successfully with the Fraxel Restore laser. There are others for who it will not work.

Danville Dermatologic Surgeon