Is Fraxel Laser Appropriate for Hypopigmented Acne Scars?

I have hypopigmented acne scars on my chest and back. The office I have been talking to says that the scars will totally go away after Fraxel Laser treatment. Is this true? Thanks.

Fraxel for hypopigmented acne scars

+1

The key word in your question is "totally"!  I never tell a patient under any circumstances that scars will be totally erased, improved, etc.  They will however, be "significantly" improved and the fraxel can achieve this.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Should help

+1

fraxel works quite well for acne scarring and will often help with hypopigmentation, which is a very difficult problem to improve. to say that the scars and pigmentation will"totally go away" would be a very optimistic prediction and not likely to happen. if you got a 50% improvement that would be good.

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.