Fraxel Laser to Treat Hypopigmentation and Hyperpigmentation?

I had Laser surgery to treat hyperpigmentation. Now, I have hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation.

I have an appointment for an consult coming up for Fraxel laser treatment. Is this a good idea?

Probably

+2

Fraxel is one of the best ways to treat complications from other laser disasters, but only in experienced hands. Severe scars and irregular pigmentation can improve over 3-6 sessions of Fraxel Restore. Your doctor will also give you a pre- and post-treatment skin care protocol to enhance the benefits from Fraxel. Be diligent and you should see correction. Good Luck.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel is a light laser for the treatment of wrinkles but can also be used to

+2

Fraxel is a light laser that treats surface changes such as wrinkles, but can also improve pigmentation both hypo and hyper-pigmentation. The laser is attracted to water and is not specifically a pigment laser. But through non-specific means it can induce pigmentation in de-pigmented areas and can help improve dark pigmentation in others. I think there are others lasers that are more reliable for the treatment of dark pigment such as the ruby laser , or IPL.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Fraxel Laser for Uneven Pigmented Skin

+2

Hi Naive 1,

Fraxel laser is one of the best treatments to help blend discolored skin. Your physician should be able to evaluate your skin and decide upon the proper Fraxel laser treatment/settings, and whether you should have pre-treatment skin bleaching cream.

Good luck, I hope that you achieve your facial cosmetic goals.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD