Will Fraxel Laser Interfere with Laser Hair Removal Treatments?

I had always had facial hair, and on top of that, acne. I had laser hair removal treatment, but my acne is getting worse, the acne is all over and they are big. I have tried Chemical Peel, Microdermabrasion, and Retin-A. I have also used hydroquinone for the scars but nothing seems to work. Would Fraxel Laser help me with my scars and pimple, and would it interfere with my laser hair removal treatment? I am from Asia so my skin color is not white nor black. Can you please advise me on what to do?

Acne should be in remission prior to Fraxel or Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing

+1

While Fraxel or better yet, Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing may help you with acne scarring, your acne may be worsened given your history. It is very important that your acne is in remission under the supervision of a board-certified dermatologist prior to laser resurfacing. You may benefit from oral anti-androgen hormonal therapy to better address excess facial hair and acne problems.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.