Fraxel Laser for One-time Treatment of Sun Spots, Wrinkles?

I'm 28 years old, light-skinned, and with freckles, smile lines, eye wrinkles, and a few sun spots. I'm after a safe, one-time treatment with good results for these problems. Should I go for Fraxel Laser?

Fraxel repair is definitely one option

+4

You would definitely benefit from the Fraxel repair, as well as other resurfacing technologies. At our practice, we have Fraxel repair, fraxel restore, Portrait PSR, Active FX, and CO2 and erbium lasers. I tell you this so that you know I can give you unbiased answer to your question. Fraxel repair and Portrait are the 2 most impressive devices for addressing your concerns. We have been using both of these devices for years and the results are predictable. The fraxel repair CAN be used on darker skin types, such as Asian or Hispanic patients. The depth of penetration of the erbium lasers is not nearly as deep as the Fraxel repair, and the results with the erbium aren't as ijmpressive because of this. It is this understanding of the different lasers and how they work that makes your choice of physician critical. I recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist that has multiple resurfacing technologies and years of experience. This will help ensure that you get the treatment that is best for you. Take care. Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist

Fraxel re:pair is a good choice.

+2

For someone with fair skin looking for a one time treatment to repair sunspots, lines and wrinkles, the Fraxel re:pair is a wonderful choice. This technology is safer than the old CO2 lasers. Please make sure you go to someone that has been specifically trained for the fraxel re:pair. There is about one week of down time, but it has been my experience that patients can start wearing makeup in about 3 days.

Hope this helps.

Kari L. Colen, MD

Safety Profile of Fraxel re:pair

+2

Hi Stay Young,

Yes, a single Fraxel re:pair will address your concerns. It is a great treatment to “stay young”.

My criteria before implementing the treatment in my practice was that the re:pair lived up to it's claims (effectiveness) and most importantly that it was safe.

I have treated several patients with your profile, and they have had amazing results.

This is very powerful technology with the potential for complications and burns if not used properly. I can only vouch for it's safety in my hands. It is important to choose your treating physician most carefully. I recommend choosing a board certified cosmetically trained physician (facial plastic surgery, plastic surgery, ent, opthalmoplastic surgery, or dermatology) with past experience using traditional carbon dioxide lasers.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel laser for sun damage

+1

Realistically, you require more than one type of treatment.  Fraxel will stimulate some collagen and help with brown spots.  Smile lines around the eyes require Botox injections and around the mouth require fillers.  You should consider photodynamic therapy with IPL and blue light to help reverse your sun damage and you must use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist