Should I Do Fraxel Laser for my Acne Scars? (photo)

I'm indian and my skin tone is olive kind of.I have some ice pick acne scars and i went to a dermatologist in my area where the doctor told me to do fraxel but as i have darker skin tome the laser might damage my skin.Now what should i do?

Fraxel Laser For Acne Scars

+1

For patients with darker skin tone, Fraxel Dual is a very safe option. This laser system uses specific wavelengths that are able to address areas of concern without being absorbed by surrounding melanin.

Darker skin has more melanin which tends to easily absorb laser energy. So these patients are at higher risk for their skin overheating and resulting in scars. The specific wavelengths of Fraxel Dual are unique in being able to offer a safe treatment option for ethnic skin tones.

These wavelengths apply just the right amount of heat energy to the dermis which helps stimulate the synthesis of new collagen fibers. These collagen fibers gradually help fade out the distorted collagen array in acne scar tissue.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel For Acne Scars

+1
Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest. I would suggest speaking with your dermatologist more in depth about the specific type/amount of damage you could expect.

Daniel Shapiro, MD