Is Fraxel or Laser Effective for Light Nasolabial Fold Line?

I have a line but it hasn't become a pronounced fold. It is only on one side - I think my oral surgeon damaged some nerves when I had my wisdom teeth removed because I lost some mobility on that side of my face. I'm 33 and would like to resurface anyway - what do you think?

Fraxel will not help fold lines

+1

Although Fraxel laser will stimulate collagen and minimize fine lines, it will not add volume to the nasolabial folds.  You require a filler to plump up the area.  Consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for treatment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Nasolabial fold line

+1

I would expect the Fraxel to improve your facial lines but likely not eliminate them. Fraxel might be a good  first step. The second step might be a filller like Juvederm. Consult with a board ceritfied plastic surgeon who can take a look at you, address your concerns and make recommendations based on your unqie facial structure.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel is Effective for the Improvement of Facial Lines

+1

Hi,

If you would like to resurface your face anyway, Fraxel repair is the strongest treatment (fractionated CO2 laser).  You may see some improvement.  For an isolated line in a patient, usually filler is the best choice.  If you are going to do both, I advise my patients to have Fraxel first, filler after (might not need it, might need less).   Just be sure to choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel will not help the smile fold

+1

Fraxel's resurfacing powers, whether Fraxel Repair or Restore is not expected to help the smle crease flattern. You will need a filler for this.