Fraxel Laser for 23 Years Old Burn Scar?

I have oil burn marks on both sides of my chin. The scar on the left is slightly hypertrophic while on the right it is well settled. I got burned when I was a year old. Now I am 24yrs. What would you suggest as a treatment? I am Indian with fair skin.

Get a test spot first

+1

There is a risk that laser resurfacing with Fraxel could induce further scarring in your scar tissue. You might also develop hyperpigmentation or darkening as a response to the trauma. I would suggest that you have a test spot done with the Fraxel RE:store to determine your suitability for treatment.

A series of Fraxel Restore should help

+1

Fraxel Restore done in a series has shown good improvement in acne scars as well as other scars.

We have also started to us Fraxel Repair for this purpose and have gotten results as well.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser for Burn Scar Aquired 23 Years Ago

+1

Hi Antra,

Sorry to hear about your scars.  A series of Fraxel re:store laser treatments may help with your scarring.  Consult with a physician who has experience with the laser.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel for scars

+1

Fraxel Restore and Fraxel Repair which are erbium and CO2 lasers, respectively, have been shown to help with scarring. The most experience with these devices is with acne scarring, but the laser does help with collagen remodelling which can reduce the appearance of scars, often requiring multiple treatments. Fraxel has been used safely in ethnic skin types, but it must be used with caution. The best course of action is to consult with a physician that has a substantial background in using these lasers and is experienced in treating scars and patients with darker skin types.

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
Rochester Oculoplastic Surgeon