Is Fraxel Laser Too Aggressive for Open Pores?

Hello, I have large open pores and truly want to achieve a flawless complexion with wearing absolutely no make-up.

My dermatologist recommended 3 treatments of Fraxel and I was just wondering if that seems to aggressive for my own individual situation. I was reading that Fraxel has the ability to darken your skin for a few months, don't know if it is worth it for me. Would like some advise... Thanks!

Fraxel Laser for Large Pores

+1

Hi Pinkrum,

There are two different Fraxel lasers, the older re:store (non-ablative), and the year old re:pair (ablative) fractionated CO2 laser.

A series of Fraxel re:store may slightly effect your pores. A single treatment with re:pair will likely effect them more significantly. A series of light level re:pair treatments may also be used.

With both lasers it is essential to use physical sun protection, protective clothing, and avoid over sun exposure during the first few months to avoid hyperpigmentation or darkening of your skin.

Fraxel, especially re:store, would not be too aggressive for your goals.

You need to be careful in that beautiful Miami sun after your treatment.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P