Can Fraxel Laser Treat Back and Chest Acne Scars?

I had acne for about 7 years and now they are gone. I’m left with scars all over my back and chest. These scars are flat and are the same level of the skin, they are not holes or anything, just brown marks all over. What is the best treatment for this? Can my back and chest be cleared or will I just have to cope with this?

Fraxel for acne scars

+1

While Fraxel can help with acne scars, it sounds like you may have post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Sometimes lasers for certain skin types can actually worsen skin pigmentation. You might want to start with topical "bleaching" agents including hydroquinone, tretinoin cream (retin-a), short-term use of mild topical cortisone creams, azelaic acid, kojic acid. I would consult with your local dermatologist to discuss treatment options.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist