What's the Best Laser Treatment for Acne Scars and Large Pores?

I had one session of Fraxel a few weeks ago and had white patches all over my face afterwards. Also Dr. refused to do in between eyebrows and when I asked him why he said just didn’t.

I have acne scarring and I’m afraid scars may become larger if I don’t continue to do something! The problem is, there are so many lasers and too many doctors selling their own products. How should I make that decision? Which laser best for making acne scars and pores smaller?

My face was hardly red the next day, which made me believe the procedure was underdone. What is your opinion? I could also go back to using Retin-A the next day.

Please give me some input for I have another appointment this Tuesday. I’m wary about the types of lasers and about this particular doctor. At $1,100.00 per session, I can’t afford to just waste it! Thank you for your time!

Best Laser Treatment for Acne Scars and Large Pores

+2

Hi Sea Angel,

You had a conservative Fraxel re:store treatment. A deep fractionated CO2 laser such as Total FX or Fraxel re:pair would be the best laser treatment for your large pores and acnes scars. Even with these aggressive lasers patients need to be informed that they may require 2-3 treatments separated by 4 -12 months. We do treat between the eyebrows with both lasers.

There have been a few studies showing that intra-dermal Botox injections may help with large pore size.

Be well and good luck.

Dr. P

Fraxel laser best for acne scars and may improve pores

+1

Fraxel laser Restore as well as Repair (CO2) are the best treatments for acne scars. The difference would be with Fraxel Restore you will probably need 5-7 treatments versus the Fraxel Repair 1-3 and with down time. Generally, if the treatment was adequate after Fraxel restore you would experience redness for 2-3 days. As far as pores, there is no laser that would make pores disappear; however, fraxel seems to improve pores through improving the texture and tone of the skin.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon