Can Fraxel Cause Hollowness Under the Eyes?

I had 1 Fraxel only under my eyes 2 months ago. When he put the devices to protect my eyes from the laser, he tore my cornea. I did not have to pay a dime for the procedure. Now, I have dark circles caused by hollowness under my eyes.I never had hollowness before. Is this from the Fraxel? Help :(

Fraxel will not cause a hollowness under the eyes

+1

Fraxel will not cause a hollowness under the eyes.  However, I would discuss this with your doctor since you had such a unique experience.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fraxel

+1

Fractionated laser resurfacing of which Fraxel is one particular brand uses tiny laser pulses to "resurface" the skin leaving some of the normal tissue behind.  The total treated area averages about 20% of the surface area with each treatment.  The body will repair itself after the laser treatment by producing newer and more organized collagen (collagen remodeling) which improves the appearance of the skin.  Hollowness or loss of tissue would be the opposite effect and I have not heard of this happening after Fraxel treatment.

John Burns, MD

Fraxel

+1

I have not seen nor heard of hollowness from Fraxel laser resurfacing. Fraxel induces new collagen and if anything, you should see improvement in skin texutre.

Ronald Shelton, MD