Will Fraxel Help Minimize (If Not Remove) Mild to Moderate White Stretch Marks on my Buttocks?

will fraxel help minimize (if not remove) mild to moderate white stretch marks on my buttocks? These developed in late adolescence. I am a healthy, 38-year old caucasian female. I weigh 100 lbs. at 5'2'' and am not completely flaccid but not super firm either. Any hope?

Fraxel Can Minimize Stretch Marks

+1

Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Fraxel can be a successful solution for stretch marks.

+1

In our practice we typically utilize a V-Beam/Pulsed dye Laser (PDL) device to improve the appearance of stretch marks on the body, as we have found it to be more efficacious for this indication. Unfortunately, stretch marks tend to be quite stubborn, and I would never tell a patient that we can “remove” their stretch marks. Although fraxel has been used for this succefully, it is a more difficult (uncomfortable and more healing required) and more expensive wat to achieve results with stretch marks in my opinion.  Also, there can be dyspigmentation with fraxel (or for any treatment for that matter).

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel for Stretch Marks....

+1

Best results are when the stretch marks are new (fresh).  Fraxel can, and does, resurface the skin and help stimulate some collagen production to that area.  Multiple treatments are always recommended for optimal results.  I say 6 to 8 usually 4 to 6 weeks apart and no sun exposure. 

Good luck. 

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

I like to use the Fraxel Restore Laser and also the GentleYAG laser for stretchmarks

+1

I have had good success with both the Fraxel Restore 1550 Laser and also the GentleYAG laser for improving the appearance of stretchmarks.  Multiple treatments are required to achieve an optimum result, usually about 50% better. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel will improve both red and white stretch marks

+1

Fraxel can improve the appearance of stretch marks but cannot completely eliminate them. You can expect a moderate (usually about 40%) improvement with a series of several Fraxel treatments. 

Deirdre O'Boyle Hooper, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel for stretch marks

+1

Fraxel is a great laser for skin rejuvenation. stretch marks are like scars in the skin, at the very top layer. understand that scars are permanent. fraxel can improve the appearance of stretch marks but cannot erase them. it also depends on your skin laxity on the areas of stretch marks. if there is a lot of skin laxity then the fraxel might not be able to give you the extent of improvement youre looking for

Misbah Khan, MD