Fraxel for Acne Scars?

Is it better to get acne scars treated with fraxel as soon as they form or wait for 1 year? Will this affect result?

Fraxel for acne scars

+2

As long as your acne is controlled, the sooner you treat acne scars, the better.  Remember to use sun protection after your treatments.

Toronto Dermatologist

Early treatment of acne scars is always better than waiting

+2

Early treatment with Fraxel allows control over the healing process and often prevents acne scars from progressing. There is no benefit in waiting one year.It may be important to provide antibiotic coverage is there is active acne present, but I have no problem treating over active lesions when oral or topical antibiotics are used.All scars respond significantly better in an early stage rather than waiting for them to completely heal before treatment.

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne

+2

I have used CO2 laser for acne scars with good results. Unfortunately nothing is perfect in this arena of medicine

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Fraxel for Acne Scars?

+1

Thank you for your question. This is a complicated question.  You want to avoid treatment when there is an active outbreak, and you need to have the acne under control before treatment.  The treatment sequences are best determined by your practitioner when they evaluate you. I hope this helps!

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist