Fraxel and Fat Transfers

I would like to know 2 things: 1. Is there any CLINCAL PROOF that fraxel does indeed burn fat on one's face. (I believe this happened to me) 2. Also, can there be successful FAT TRANSFERS done to the face on the forehead & around eyes to correct this?

Fraxel and Fat

+1

To my knowledge there is no evidence to suggest that either carbon dioxide or erbium lasers affect fat. In theory, they do not penetrate deep enough to cause any change in fat. As to fat transfers to the face, while very safe and effective, I am reluctant to perform any fat transfer to the forehead as there is a good chance of movement.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel is not known to cause fat damage; Juvederm or Restylane for forehead filling and near the eyes

+1

There has not been evidence that I am aware of damage to fat with Fraxel Restore or Repair, as the lasers penetrate into the dermis but not underlying subcutaneous fatty layer. Fat injections can be risky in the forehead between the eyebrows and possibly in some areas near the eyes. You may consider starting first wtih a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Restylane.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat grafting can be done

+1

The use of the fat for the facial rejuvenation is a good procedure with predictable results. I am not aware of the loss fat due to the Fraxel( Fraxel does penetrate skin ,but not deep enough to burn fat)

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon