Had Fraxel then EMatrix-decent Color Correction, but That Was IT! Next?

Had 5 fraxel treatments, 40% color correction (age spots and sun damage, basically)..then 3 of the eMatrix in which I got about 10% more color correction. All this over a 16 month period. Im only 40, so it's not as though I am asking to turn back time 30 years....... I'm looking to reduce 20 year old chicken pox scars, acne scars and naso-labial folds........isn't there something out there that is a ONE time deal?

One procedure for all types of skin problems does not exist ..

Thank you for your question as it is quite broad, but raises awareness about the algorhythms used to tackle many different types of skin problems - texture, laxity, pigmentation, wrinkles, scars, volume loss etc. 

eMatrix is sublative and it helps with minor or fine wrinkles and also for scars, specifically studied and applied to different types of acne scars and some burn scars and surgical scars.

In regards to hyperpigmentation, you may need some laser work as eMatrix uses RF energy and does not affect the pigmentary structures of the skin (laser or light therapy does).

I recommend Melarase creams for the hyperpigmented skin and maintain the skin with long term use.

Skin can maintain its youthfulness with the regimented use of retinoid products that increase cell turnover. I recommend RR Retinoid Repair cream.

Volume loss can be addressed with the use of fillers. 

Laxity of the skin can be corrected non surgically with Thermage or Ultherapy.

Laser resurfacing with subcision and excision of the chicken pox scars can be performed in a single procedure.

Laser resurfacing with subcision of the acne scars and excision of deep chicken pox scars can be performed in a single procedure. A CO2 erbium combination laser is used to do the resurfacing after subcision of the acne scars.  Deep chick pox scars can be excised as the final step.  Usually you can expect greater than 75% improvement in scars, age spots, wrinkles and other signs of photo aging.  This single treatment is much more effective that multiple nonablative laser treatments.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon