Fraxel Dual--Can make up interfere with the effectiveness of a Fraxel treatment?

I had a Fraxel Dual treatment and they did not wash my face before the treatment. The nurse began to apply the numbing cream and I asked if I should wash off my make up and she said that they would do it when they washed the cream off and they never did. I was just wondering if it could decrease the laser's effectiveness.

Fraxel Dual and Makeup

+1
Fraxel is a great laser and the results are amazing.  It is very important to properly prep the skin before Fraxel.  Generally we apply a special numbing cream one hour before the procedure which is cleansed off before the Fraxel is performed.  If you were wearing makeup it could interfere with the laser's ability to penetrate the skin.  Please find an experienced board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Make up and Fraxel

+1

Any barriers interfering with the Laser's ability to gently affect the skin, may have an effect on the ultimate result.

Your provider will discuss the necessary steps to prepare your skin in order to optimize your results.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon