Fraxel Dual on Indian Skin - Setting?

Hi there, I'm interested in getting Fraxel dual to reduce pigmentation under my eye so i can reduce the appearance of my dark circles. What setting would you recommend for Indian Skin my Skin type is type 3 or type 4 not sure. Thanking You

Dark circles under eyelids

Many times dark circles under eyelids are not related to pigment. Volume, venous congestion and other factors are possibly involved. You would have to see a doctor first to be evaluated.for dark skinned individuals the Fraxel Restore and the Fraxel Dual are potentially good lasers.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Dual and dark skin

It is not recommended that your Fraxel settings be given by an expert who has never seen you. Every patient deserves adequate information and the doctor must see the patient live and ask important questions. The most important thing for darker skin is pre-treatment skin care to reduce unwanted post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel Dual for Dark Circles Under Indian Eyes

Hi Bilz,

Indian skin should be treated conservatively with Fraxel Dual.  A first treatment setting of 10 mj, and 20-30% is what I would treat my patient with.  Of course your treating physician must determine if you are an appropriate candidate for the treatment, and then what settings to treat you at.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon