Fraxel Dual 1550 for Rosacea and Cystic Hormonal Acne?

I'm considering Fraxel Dual (1550) for fine lines around eyes, cheeks, and feathering around mouth and chin (had upper/lower bleph and mini lift 1 yr ago) My problem is I have hormonal cystic acne on chin and hereditary rosacea (mothers face was a mess by 50). Is it safe to have fraxel dual at 1550 to erase mouth and cheek lines and even skin tone or will I exacerbate my existing problem which is currently under control with Yaz birth control, Vitamin E oil, Rosehip, and Hyaulronic Acid serum.

+1

Thank you for your question. Have a Board Certified Dermatologist/Board Certified Plastic Surgeon evaluate your skin and see if now is a good time to do your treatment.  I like treating the redness with V-Beam and or IPL.  If your Board Certified Dermatologist/Board Certified Plastic Surgeon has good results with these wavelengths m(Dual), then fine, just be sure you have a plan and follow through. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fraxel Resurfacing For Cystic Acne

+1

The Fraxel Re:store may exacerbate existing acne (20-30 %). This may be avoided or diminished by taking oral minocycline or topical Cleocin lotion both before and after treatment. In regards to rosacea, each and every patient is different as to the severity of the condition, so an in-person consult with a board certified dermatologist would be necessary to access how the Fraxel Re:Store could help you.

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Dual is not a contraindication to Rosacea and and Hormonal Cyctic Acne

+1

Fraxel Dual may not help your acne and I doubt that treatment would make it worse in the long run.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon