Fraxel or Dermamelan for Dermal Melasma? Two Doctors. Two Different Recommendations.

I have a combination of epidermal and dermal melasma. I have tried various combinations of topicals with little improvement(Retin-A, Triluma, hydroquinone at 4% and 6%, IPL, and different peels). Recently I have been to two cosmetic surgeons for opinions. One recommends Fraxel re:store. The other recommends the Dermamelan peel + cream. Checked PubMed for literature on Dermamelan but found little. Which is more promising? Also, which has less change of making melasma worse?

Fraxel Laser

+1

I would  recommend you see a Board Certified Dermatologist and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult and recommendations first.  Laser is not magic, and melisma in many forms may not be removed, only lightened…temporarily.  Melasma is very difficult to treat, and you must be patient.  There are no quick easy treatments.

Danville Plastic Surgeon