Will Fraxel Damage my Skin Years After the Procedure?

CHIN AND MOUTH WRINKLES I'm scheduled for Fraxel Restore to treat chin and mouth wrinkles, but after some review I need to think again. I noticed that some people have skin problems after years of the date of the procedure. My questions is: Can Fraxel damage my skin in years after?

Long Term Laser Resurfacing Results

+1

A properly performed laser resurfacing procedure should not cause long term damage. In fact, it should improve the skin. Carbon dioxide treatments have been shown histologically to increase the collagen in the skin. As always, the procedure is only as good as the person performing it so choose your physician carefully.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser Will Not Damage Your Skin Years Later

+1

A properly performed Fraxel laser procedure will not cause skin damage years later. I have personally performed Fraxel laser resurfacing over 2000 times since 2004 and there has never been a patient with skin damage that appeared years later. Results from Fraxel laser skin treatment are visible a few months after the last procedure. Skin problems that you see years following a Fraxel laser procedure are new skin problems that are unrelated to the Fraxel laser procedure itself.

I recommend that you see an experienced Fraxel laser physician in your area.  Such a physician should leave you feeling confident that he or she will give you an effective, beneficial, and safe treatment.

Good luck Anjelica, and be well.

George Anterasian, MD

George Anterasian, MD
Santa Monica Facial Plastic Surgeon

True Fraxel Laser Should Not Damage Skin Years After the Procedure

+1

Hi Anjelika,

A true Fraxel by Solta treatment should not damage your skin "years after".  Unfortunately there are many practitioners who use other technologies but tell their patients that they are getting a "Fraxel" treatment.  Secondly, the laser is only as good as the physician using it.  Choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD