Fraxel for Collagen Growth

I am only 28 but have had a series of weight changes and am seeing some signs of aging (changes in my skin, volume loss in temples and cheeks, and very slight sagging). I have considered fillers, but could fraxel also help in any way? I know it stimulates collagen growth. Thanks so much!

Fraxel at 28

+1

Fraxel Restore will not help tighten your sagging skin or fill in collagen to improve depressed temples or atrohpic cheeks from fat wasting as we age. The latter is very rare to see at 28 unless there are catabolic reasons for this from endocrine, dietary, gastrointestinal or medicines taken orally or systemic illnesses. Fraxel may help the skin aging that can be from early years of unprotected sun exposure. Fraxel restore helps improve the mottled discoloration and fine lines. You may benefit by volume augmentation from fat injections or synthetic fillers such as the hyaluronic acids, Juvederm or Restylane.

Fraxel is good for adult skin at any age

+1

Fraxel is great for stimulating collagen and that may be all you need at your age.  If you are seeing fine lines at your age you have probably had a lot of sun exposure in your life that has created damage in your skin.  Its never too late to start protecting and stop tanning!  Besides Fraxel the most important thing you can do is use sunscreens every time you go outside during the day and wear a hat also when you will be outside for awhile.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Maybe

+1

I like Fraxel best for fine lines and mottled discoloration. I think it could be a great preventative for a young person who wants to stimulate collagen production and decrease the need over time for fillers. The regular use of SPF and Rx retinoids would also be advised.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist