In a Fraxel CO2 Laser Treatment, is the Neck Treated in Same Manner As the Face?

I had a treatment done to my face and neck. My face had 2 passes of the laser, while my neck only one. My neck is barely red or sore. Im concerned that my neck wasn't treated properly and im not going to get the results I expected. My Dr said I had the full treatment just less Co2 on my neck. If so, why only one pass on the neck? Thank you.

You must be conservative on the neck

+2

All the reports of Fraxel Repair complications that I have heard about are from aggressive neck treatment. Your doctor was correct to be gentler. A second session is better than over treatment. The neck has fewer sebaceous glands and the skin is quite thin make this a very risky area, never to be treated by the inexperienced or the overly aggressive.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Necks are treated more cautiously than the face

+1

Your doctor absolutely advised you correctly. The neck's skin has less hair follicles from which new skin cells grow up and seed over the resurfaced skin, therefore the same energies or number of passes on the face, could increase the risk of scarring on the neck.

Ronald Shelton, MD