Fraxel On Acne Scars?

Tomorrow will be the third week after my last fraxel restore. I have seen wonderful improvement on my acne scars. Will I continue to see improvement? Will the improvement in the next weeks to come be significant enough for me to notice or is this pretty much the final result?

Fraxel On Acne Scars?

+1

Thank you for your question. Improvements will continue for 6 months and taper off at a year.  Everyone is different so results do vary. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Acne scar improvement following Fraxel treatment.

+1

Acne scarring can be effectively treated with Fraxel therapy.  Be sure to inquire about whether the provider plans to use the Dual Fraxel device.  Typically, a series of sessions is helpful, especially for patients who want to avoid the significant downtime associated with CO2 therapy (fractional or otherwise).   Results will continue to improve even months after your last session. 

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scar Improvement with Fraxel restore

+1

Hi Malvin,

Glad to hear of your improvement and the successful treatment of your acne scars with Fraxel restore.  You should continue to see improvement with each treatment session.  Our experience is that the greatest improvement in acne scarring comes from treatment with Fraxel repair, a fractionated CO2 laser.  Though the recovery time is greater, the results of one Fraxel repair are greater on acne scarring than as many Fraxel restore treatments you could possibly undergo.  As long as you continue to see improvement after each treatment, you may continue until you are satisfied.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD