Frax on the Tops of the Hands?

I am considering Frax CO2 on the tops of the hands. A friend of mine had it done and roughly 3 days after the procedure, she started to experience an itch sensation on the palms of her hands. Could this be related?. Are there any specific risks to having the hands done? thx

Fraxel repair on Hands

+1

Hi Linda,

Fraxel repair can be used on the hands.  When using Fraxel repair on hands, the settings need to be adjusted less energy and coverage.  The itchy palms are not related to the treatment, if anything the skin that is treated may be itchy. 

Our most popular treatment for hands is Fraxel Dual laser which combines 1927 Thulium and 1550 Erbium laser.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

I recommend Erbium Fraxel for the hands, not CO2 Fraxel

+1

I am assuming that you are wishing that your hands were more even in color and texture.

I recommend use of the Erbium Fraxel (also known as a Fraxel re:store). The cost and the downtime is significantly less. The settings that we use on the hands here at AlphaDerm are 15 mJ, and we pass 8 times..4 times in one direction, and 4 times in the other to assure an even result. Occasionally we will combine the use of the Iridex laser (a very inexpensive laser) with the Fraxel, if a patient has some especially dark spots on their hands.

The operator must maintain a 90 degree position of the Fraxel treatment tip in order to give you a nice result. On many patients only one or two treatments are necessary.

I hope that this response has been helpful to you!

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Hands are a delicate area to treat

+1

Hands are a delicate area to treat and the chance of scarring there is, in general, higher than on the face. The itching on the palms has nothing to do with the laser treatment on the top of hands (a totally different area)

David Goldberg, MD

Hands

+1

I did fractionated C02 laser on one hand almost three years ago and everyone can see the differences. All I did was one pass. You need to moisturize the skin afterrwards

David A. Bray, Sr., MD