Is Frax Repair Safe if I Have Had 1000 Rads of Radiation to my Face?

Radiation to my face for acne in 1965. I was told that I should not do CO2 lasers because I would not heal. However, I believe that the fraxal repair laser may be different.

Fraxel Repair Laser would likely be safe with moderate settings.

Radiation damages structures in the skin including sebaceous glands and hair follicles that assist in the healing after laser resurfacing.  Fraxel Repair Laser only treats a "fraction" of the skin leaving untreated spots in between the treated spots of skin.  The untreated spots also assist in the healing process after laser treatment.  I would expect the treatment to heal OK as long as the treatment is not too aggressive.   See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon in consultation who has lots of experience using the Fraxel Repair Laser before undergoing treatment.  

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon