Is There a Procedure to Open my Upper Sinus a Little?

I have had surgery to open my sinus due to extreme sinusitis. As a result I have a blockage in the upper left nostril, which does not affect my breathing, but mucus gets trapped and causes pressure, discomfort and a bad odour. My ENT says that because it's not affecting my breathing, he does not want to address the problem, and that I should learn to live with the discomfort. I'm wondering if there might be a procedure to trim a little and open this blockage for healthy drainage of mucus?

Revisions Nasal Surgery

+1

Hi there, it really depends on what the issue is. Its difficult to write a perfect answer to this without looking in your nose.

To me, the best option is to keep your nose clear with saline rinses. I know thats not the easiest long term option for you, but the safest.

If you start to get infections/breathing troubles, I would agree at that point surgery would be ideal. It may be due to anything from a septal deviation to an adhesion band (which is a mild type of abnormal scarring after nasal surgery).

Just ensure you have someone take a good look in your nose with a flexible camera.

Obviously, the key is to have either an FRCSC in Canada or a Board certified surgeon in the USA take a look.

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon