Fractured nose diagnosis?

Hi, I was recently assaulted (punched on the side of my nose/cheek). My nose was fractured and out of shape. I had it realigned 2 weeks after the assault under local anesthetic. I took the dressing off yesterday (1 week after the operation) and my nose is still not completely straight. Am I able to have the same procedure done again in order to try straighten it completely, or do I have to wait for it to heal and then have a rhinoplasty?

Nasal Fracture

+1
Unfortunately, closed reductions of nasal fractures under local anesthesia are often not successful in straightening out the nose.

You can have an open reduction performed approximately 4 weeks after your closed procedure.  At that time the bones are solidified and can be re-fractured to straighten you appearance.

Please contact an office for your complimentary consultation. 

Nasal fracture

+1
If you're nose is crooked after a closed reduction, you may require formal surgery 6 months-1 year later after the swelling is gone and the nose is healed.  Another attempt of immediate closed reduction may be painful since the bones may be healed.  I recommend seeing a rhinoplasty surgeon to determine if the nasal bones are mobile enough for another reduction.   

Eugene Kim, MD

Nasal deformity

+1
It is quite common that despite attempted reduction of a fractured nose, that deviation and nasal obstruction can persist.  Accordingly, formal surgical correction may be required after you've healed up.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon