Fractured Nose. Closed Reduction. Closed Rhino at Same Time. Concerned About Asymmetrical Swelling.

Had touch up rev.rhinoplasty scheduled in 6 months.Unfortunatly got in a fight and my nose was broken. It was decided to attempt to fix the fracture thru a closed reduction, and tackle the cosmetic issues at the same time 11dys post break. Cosmetic work done thru a closed approach thru right nostril since this was the side that I had extra fullness from a previous graft that needed to be corrected. 9days postop and right side is still swollen making nose look crooked. is this normal?

Asymetrical swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

Dear cursednose,

Yes this is all normal.  The swelling may take a little longer to come down after a second rhinoplasty procedure.  This is because there is scar tissue from your previous operation and the drainage of swelling just takes longer.  Just be a little patient, it will get better.  If you have any concerns, I would make an appointment to see your surgeon, but it will be fine.

Nima Shemirani

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, in fact you most likely have a double dose of swelling from the original trauma as well as the Rhinoplasty.  Give yourself a few months to see this swelling decrease.  Ask your surgeon about ice and nasal massage.