Fractional Laser Treatment 3 Months After Juvederm Injections

Can a non-ablative fractional laser treatment (e.g. Cynosure Affirm) be performed 3 mo. after injection of 1 cc of Juvederm in the cheekbone area?

Fractionated laser after fillers

+3

You can definitely feel safe with fractionated lasers following fillers.  Multiple studies and concensus panels have confirmed that.  Plus, cheekbone region injections are typically placed very deep, just above the bone itself, which is much deeper than the laser effects.  I would also agree with a prior answer, however, that the order of treatment is often more efficient if the laser is done first. 

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional Laser post Juvederm Injections

+1
There is no problem having laser treatment three months post Juvederm injections. I personally like to use fat transfer to the cheek area and then stimulate the collagen and stem cells with the laser treatment. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Fraxel can safely be done after fillers

+1

Yes, there should be no detrimental effect from having Fraxel Restore or the Affirm on the filled area. This is commonly done even as soon as two weeks or so after the filler.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fractional Laser Treatment and Juvederm filler injections

+1

There is no reason why you cannot undergo ProFractional laser skin resurfacing 3 months after Juvederm injections in the cheek area. Totally safe.

Ablative Lasers after Dermal Fillers

+1

It is perfectly fine to have an ablative laser procedure(full ablation and fractionated) done 3 months after receiving dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane.  The recommendation is to wait one week however even then, there are no true studies that say the heat will break down the filler.  It is basically a judgment call by your physician. 

Remember to wear your sunblock after the laser procedure.  Sun exposure does more harm to the results of cosmetic procedures than most everything else. 

Michael L. Workman, MD

Laser after Juvederm is OK

+1

It is certainly safe to get a laser treatment after having had Juvederm, even after a few weeks, but I usually like to do it in reverse of that order so patients need less filler while the laser is stimulating their own collagen.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist