Will I Get Substantial Results from StarLux 1540?

I am looking into the StarLux 1540. I have heard mixed reviews. Please tell me your opinion before I do this.

I am 36 fair skinned with olive tone, a few acne scars and pigmentation from pregnancy. I have tried Obagi, IPL and regular facials. I am looking for a distinct improvement.

+1
This is a non-ablative fractional laser — and with a series of treatments you will see nice results. It works over time and with proper skin care on top of the laser treatments, you should see visible results with this or any non-ablative laser system. This is one of many, and others can give great results as well.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

It is all about your expectations

+1

The question is what you mean by "distinct improvement." If you set the bar too high, your expectations of these treatments will never be met. Also, no one can predict exactly what result you will get and this further complicates the process. And unfortunately, some will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your business.

My advice would be to go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist and ask them directly what you can reasonably expect. Look at photos of their own patients, not those given to them by the laser company. Listen to your gut instinct and hold off if you don't feel comfortable proceeding. Just don't set your expectations too high or you will be disappointed for sure.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS