Can Fractional Laser Treatment Promote Skin Cancer?

Do you think this fractional lasers can promote skin cancer? I see something on my nose that wasn't there before the procedure.

Fractional lasers are not carcinogenic

+2

So far, ultraviolet light and ionized radiation are the energies known to be responsible for skin carcinogenesis. Currently, there is no link between fractional lasers and carcinogenicity. These are safe devices that use infrared light energy to treat various skin conditions. So fractional lasers can actually improve the quality of the skin, thus theoretically minimizing the chances of skin cancer development in photodamaged skin.

Hollywood Dermatologist

Laser and Cancer

+2

There is no evidence to suggest that any lasers promote skin cancer. Laser light is "non-ionizing". Ionizing Radiation is the type of radiation that promotes skin cancer.

Danville Dermatologic Surgeon