Would Fractional Erbium Laser be best for me? (Photo)

Hi I have acne scars like rolling scars and ruff patchy skin like in the photos i have.My dermatologist says a Microlaser peel or Sciton Fractional Erbium Laser would work best for my type of scaring can you tell me what would work best to see good improvement and how the laser works and how many i would need or any advice or information im very desperate to find something that will at least improve my scars and all. Thank you :)

Fractional Lasers Will Improve Acne Scars

+1
Any type of fractional laser will improve your acne scars. You need to determine how much downtime you can give yourself and then, in consultation with your board-certified dermatologist, you can best decide which option is best for you.

Non-ablative fractional lasers take 4-6 treatments, with minimal downtime, and in 4-6 months, one sees nice results. Ablative fractional lasers, whether erbium or CO2, work well, usually working for scars in 1-2 treatments. Downtime is more than the non-ablative, and can last up to one week, no matter if erbium or CO2. Sublative treatments use radiofrequency (RF) and in a fractional delivery mode, work really well for acne scars in 2-3 treatments in most cases. Downtime with the sublative is usually 2-3 days in most. And now we have RF microneedles – they also work well for acne scars.

Microlaser peels can also work, but this would not be my first choice.

Best of luck with your decision and getting rid of those unwanted scars.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Resurfacing For Acne Scars

+1
I would suggest a fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing.  I have found that this type of laser works the best for your condition.  I would suggest the Pixel CO2 system....Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon