Does Fractional CO2 Work for Deep Acne Scars?

+1

Thank you for your question. CO2 laser resurfacing helps with scars, lines, and tightens skin. Results depend on the severity of the acne, and you may need more than one treatment. I would recommend consulting under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Deep Acne Scar treatment: Lasers and other Rx

+1

Laser and Other Treatments for Deep Acne Scars

As severe acne scars, isolated or generalized, involve a deep scar process that extends to the deep dermis and sometimes even deeper it would be unusual to see dramatic differences after a single Fractional CO2 laser treatment. Realistic expectations are important and one should expect improvment but not total correction with each treatment. In my own experience I have not found a significant difference in results between a Fractional CO2 treatment and the Obagi Blue Peel. Dermabrasion and Ablative lasers including confluent CO2 lasers are more helpful but have the significant increased risk of permanent hypopigmentation and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It takes several months to see the full effects of collagen remodelling.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/skin/obagi-blue-peel/

Fractional CO2 for Acne Scars

+1

Fractional CO2 laser treatments are very effective in minimizing the appearance of acne scars. Depending on the severity of the scarring, a few treatments may be needed to see optimal results. Be sure to visit a skin care and laser expert for any fractional CO2 resurfacing treatment.

Fractional CO2 Laser for Acne Scarring

+1

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing can be an excellent treatment to reduce acne scarring.  It is recommended to have a plastic surgeon with expertise in this area.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 laser treatment for deep dermal scarring

+1

Fractional CO2 laser is an excellent treatment for acne scars of all depths
Fractional CO2 is marketed by several companies and  is an excellent choice because it actually vaporizes tiny bits of tissue in the center of each laser column. This removes small amounts of scar tissue and stimulates a wound healing response that results in normal fine fibers of collagen replacing the coarse fibers of scar tissue. The Cynosure SmartSkin or SmartXide CO2 laser has been extensively studied.  The laser can be set to penetrate deep into dermal scars and change the way collagen is organized in this layer.  For significant acne problems a patient may require 2 or 3 treatment sessions, depending on the scars and how much improvement is desired.

Fractional CO2 for deep acne scarring

+1

I have been using the Invasix Fractora for the past several months, and have treated several acne scarring patients. So far the results are fantastic. Fractional treatments take a few months to see the full results, and I expect that on a few patients with the more deeper scarring, we may need to do another round or two of the treatment. But compared to what's been out there previously, I am thrilled with results from the Invasix Fractora on acne scarring.

+1

Fractional CO2 ( Fraxel Re:Pair and others) is an excellent choice because it actually vaporizes tiny bits of tissue in the center of each laser column. This removes small amounts of scar tissue and stimulates a wound healing response that results in normal fine fibers of collagen replacing the coarse fibers of scar tissue. The Fraxel Re:Pair has the most data collected in clinical and biopsy studies which allows more accurate choice of treatment parameters. Ideally we want the laser to penetrate as deep as the scars go.Improving acne scars is rather predictable and often a single treatment is adequate, but it can require 2 or 3 treatment sessions, depending on the scars and how much improvement is desired.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon