Fractional CO2 V/s Dermabrasion for Acne Scars?

I wanted to know if the results acheieved by Fractional C02 laser for treating Deep Acne scars (Rolling & Box) are the same, equally good, at par with the results achieved by the Traditional Dermabrasion(Not Micro-Dermabrasion), the one which is done under general Anesthesia

Acne scar treatment

+1

While deep and active Fx is an effective treatment, I would also recommend subcision with Soft tissue transfer. Co2 laser treatment following that. Dermabrasion I think will be more effective for your acne scars. I like the multilayered technique that incorporates co2 laser, dermabrasion, and deeper tissue reconstruction.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Active and Deep FX for acne scarring

+1

The Active and Deep FX laser is a fractionated CO2 laser that is very effective in the treatment of acne scarring.  The advantage of the laser when compared with traditional dermabrasion is that there is typically less downtime and less risk of scarring and hyperpigmentation with the laser treatment.  These risks increase with darker skin types and should be discussed with a board certified dermatologist before any treatment.

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist