Can the Fractional CO2 Resurfacing Laser Be Used on Hispanic Skin?

Can this lasser be used in Hispanic skin? My skin is like olive type and I am not sure if it can leave me hiperpigmented areas.

Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing on Hispanic Skin

+1

You do run the risk of experiencing hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation with this or any other laser treatment.

Depending on what you are trying to treat and improve: scarring, uneven pigmentation, wrinkling, fractional CO2 laser  resurfacing may be a great modality to help you get the resuIt you are seeking.

It is important that you consult with a surgeon experienced in treating skin of color, and discuss what you are trying to accomplish and how best to care for your skin, before, during and after your treatment before you make your decision to proceed.

Good Luck!

Hyperpigmentation after CO2 laser

+1
Co2, or carbon dioxide laser, can induce hyperpigmentation in your skin. No one can guatrantee it won't. It has been used with success on dark skinned individuals. A test spot can be done first to see how your pigment responds but does not guarantee the result of the whole face. Hyperpigmentation often responds to chemical peels and strong lightening creams over months.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Co2 laser treatment

+1

Not a good idea because of the lightening or depigmentation effect upon the treat skin. So there may most likely be a line of demarcation from lighter colored laser skin to normal skin. Seek in person opinion.

From MIAMI Dr. B