Fractional Co2 - Should I Worry About Under Eye Scarring?

I've been thinking about getting fractional Co2 laser, but I read a story about some of the problems that can result - one of which was under eye scarring. This has me very concerned...if this happened, would there be any way to correct it?

CO2 laser for under eyes

+2

I use the CO2 laser for all of the areas of the face provided that the patient has the right skin , right goals and right expectations. It is really good for lines around the eyes but must be used with some caution.

Particularly when people have had surgery around the eyes, CO2 laser should be used cautiously. If it is used too agressively, scarring can be a problem.

When using CO2 around the eyes, make sure you have a doctor that proceeds cautiously and has had experience with the laser

Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 must be done carefully under the eyes

+2

Fractional Co2 laser is one of the most effective ways to improve wrinkles under and around the eyes but it must be done carefully and correctly.  Make sure the Doctor you are seeing has plenty of training and experience in this type of treatment. Scarring is difficult to correct once it occurs so the best approach is to do your homework ahead of time and make sure you are in good hands when it is time to have the procedure. 

Brian Dubow, MD

Eyelid rejuvenation with fractional co2 laser

+1

I have performed hundreds of fractional co2 treatments for the undereyes and feel that this is an appropriate and safe modality for the lower and upper eyelids.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

CO2

+1

Co2 laser is a good tool. The dosage needs to be carefully controlled. I have done a number of these and not seen any scarring. I would need to see pictures of scarring to advise repair

David A. Bray, Sr., MD