I Had Fractional CO2 Laser over a Week Ago Under my Eyes. Concerned About Grid Lines?

Grid lines after fractional CO2

+2

I don't think you will have anything to worry about,  It takes time to heal from this or any procedure.  Check with your doctor to be sure.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Grid Marks After Fractional CO2

+1

The "grid" marks are caused by the fact that the laser energy is delivered in little tiny dots about the diameter of a hair and are placed on the skin spread out over the surface creating the appearance of a “grid.” The initial healing reaction is confined just to the spots where the laser energy has reacted with the skin, but as time goes on (more than a week) the healing spreads throughout the skin and the "grid" appearance disappears. It would be very rare for this to become a problem – especially on the face. I have seen it persist only 2 or 3 times and those were on the neck and chest. Even then, treatment will make them fade away.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/procedures/lasers/fractional-resurfacing

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CO2 laser and grid lines

+1

The pattern of a Co2 laser comes from the computer generated pattern of spots that the laser places on the skin. Each "pulse" of the laser may be about the size of a finger nail but within that there are hundreds of smaller dots. For the first week many people see the smaller pattern of spots. As thes scabs come off the is often a larger pattern of spots that is evident. This comes from the small overlap of areas where the pulses of lasers are placed. This can persist for weeks or even months in darker skinned patients but will almost always go away. Check with your laser surgeon to see if there something that to done. We often can prescribe creams or gels that will help. If it is just redness a very dilute cold vinegar solution will often help but be sure to check with your doctor before using anything like this.