Fractional Co2 Laser: Large Pores - Permanent?

Are the results (2-3 treatments) with the Fractional Co2 laser for larger/deeper/noticable pores (facial) forever? Asuming that the 2-3 treatments & results are very positve. Are they becoming larger/more noticable after a period of time?

Can I enjoy the results for at least a year of 20? How long would the result last? Thank you very much for your intested & time. Your reply (which is hopefully positive) would mean the world to me.

Are Fractional CO2 Results Permanent?

+2

I would venture to say that the changes in one's skin imparted by treatment(s) with a fractional CO2 laser are as close to permanent as one can get with a laser.  A fractional CO2 laser is an excellent device for resurfacing and rejuvenation.  In theory, the affects of treatment with a fractional CO2 laser do not "wear off".  However, the reality is that we continue to age after the procedure(s).  If you have had treatment(s) with a fractional CO2 device and you are pleased with the results regarding your pore size, chances are you will being enjoying those results for a few years.

Hollywood Dermatologic Surgeon

Shrinking pores with CO2 laser

+2

The effects of Fractional CO2 is permanent as much as anything is surgery is permanent.  What I mean by this is that we all continue to age and will see changes in our body and appearance throughout our lives, however, surgery, as well as CO2 laser will reset the clock, so to speak.  Your pores may continue to enlarge after CO2 therapy, but they will do so from a much smaller starting point.  You should have quite a few years of improved pore size, as well as skin texture in general before you feel the need to have any additional therapies.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS