Lipofilling + Spider Veins? (photo)

Good day, I am planning to perform lipofilling to correct some rippling on my cleavage. I had BA ten months ago and the situation does not seem to improve at all (textured implants). I do suffer from lots of spider veins and already had to remove a few by laser after the op(mainly in the lower portion of the breasts). I was wondering if the treatment could cause some more (not sure how deep is the fat implanted). Thank you so very much for any clarification or help. C

Fat Grafting and Spider Veins

+2

Fat grafting may have the potential to make veins more prominent given that the fat is injected to improve rippling, which suggests lack of tissue in that area.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Spider veins

+2

The fat transfer for the breast is deep to the skin and will not effect the spider veins at all. Are your implants subglandular or submuscular

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Does fat graft cause/exaggerate spider veins?

+2

Hello! Fat grafting to the breast should not impact spider veins at all. The surgery is deep to the skin layer, and the veins are in the skin. This procedure should not exacerbate spider veins. Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD