No Bra Ever?

Hi, i experienced lots of troubles with my skin since my BA (14 months ago). I do find bras very uncomfortable (even sports bra) after a few hours of wearing them. I end up with marks and if the cups are molded or hard, with a little pain/discomfort. Question: is sagging really going to occur if no bra is worn during everyday activities and a BA in dual plane was performed? Thanks so much, C

Bra vs no bra

+2

Eventually all breasts sag whether one uses a bra or not. It is not due to the bra but many factors including the quality of the tissues and the weight of the implants.

No bra vs bra

+2

Thank you for your question.  The forces which contribute to sagging include gravity, the size and weight of your breasts and your tissue elasticity. Having a breast augmentation increases the size and weight. You do not have any control over your tissue elasticity which is a genetic trait.

The only thing you can control to a certain degree is gravity.  A bra will help to decrease the effect of gravity by supporting the weight of the breast and this is in my opinion the only step you can take to decrease the likelihood of drooping over time.  Some plastic surgeons, myself included also advise not to sleep in the prone position that is on your stomach because this can increase the likelihood of drooping as well.

I would try to wear the correct size bra as much as possible. Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

No Bra Ever?

+2

The bra acts in part to counteract the forces of gravity on the breast tissue. Sagging will occur to all patients to some extent, almost certainly more quickly in patients without some form of support. If you have some tolerance, at least wear them when jogging or exercising.

All the best.